452.150 - Construction of crypts
452.150. Construction of crypts
1. All walls of crypts, unless built of granite or marble, must be constructed of concrete mixed with a proportion of at least one part cement, two and one-half parts sand, and three and one-half parts crushed rock or screen gravel.
2. All walls must be at least 4 inches in thickness and must be reinforced with steel.
3. Floor slabs of crypts must be at least 3 inches and must be reinforced with steel to conform to the specifications of a Class A construction.
4. No crypt may be constructed to be subject to any of the load strains of the structure of the building, except where the walls of the crypt or niche intersect or are a part of structural walls.
5. In mausoleums where air ventilation is used and crypts are situated adjacent to the wall of an outside building below the ground, an air space at least 18 inches wide must be provided between the outside wall and the walls of the crypt. The air space must be supplied with ventilation and must have one or more doorways at least 15 inches wide and 5 feet high.
Bd. of Health, part Mausoleum Reg., eff. 7-5-32
The following state regulations pages link to this page.