Nev. Admin. Code § 483.530 - Release of information
Current through October 13, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 483.530 Release of information. (NRS 483.220)
1. Upon request, the Department will furnish any general information contained in its files, with the exception of medical information. Insurance companies and the general public may obtain information concerning convictions for a 3-year period after the date of conviction and accident reports for a 3-year period after the date of the accident.
2. Law enforcement agencies and courts within the United States, as well as an attorney representing a client in any matter involving his or her conviction, may receive information concerning convictions for a 7-year period after the date of conviction.
3. A school district may receive information concerning accident reports and convictions for a 9-year period after the date of conviction of or date of the accident involving an employee or potential employee who is or will be transporting pupils.
4. A person may receive any information contained in his or her file.
5. The Department will only release information under the conditions specified in the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1681 et seq., as that Act reads on October 29, 1981.
[Dep’t of Motor Veh., Demerit Points Reg. § V, eff. 4-29-82] — (NAC A 9-5-84)