Nev. Admin. Code § 517.160 - Descriptions of claims
Current through August 4, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 517.160 Descriptions of claims. (NRS 517.100)
1. Except as otherwise provided in NAC 517.170, the description of each claim depicted on a base map or overlay must be drafted in the space provided on the right-hand side of the map or on a separate facing page.
2. Information contained in the description must include:
(a) The number or letter assigned to the claim by the county surveyor;
(b) The name of the claim;
(c) The name of the original locator of an unpatented claim; and
(d) The mineral survey number for each patented claim.
3. If the space provided on the right-hand side of the base map or overlay is not sufficient to describe each of the claims shown on a base map or overlay, a separate sheet must be used to describe the additional claims.
4. The separate sheet must be:
(a) The same size and contain the same information as the space originally provided; and
(b) Affixed permanently to the base map or overlay in such a manner that all the descriptions of the claims are visible at the same time.
5. All lettering in the description of the claim must be done in a neat, legible and uniform manner.
(Added to NAC by Dep’t of Minerals, eff. 9-1-88)