Nev. Admin. Code § 618.6437 - Persons authorized to accompany inspector
Current through October 13, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 618.6437 Persons authorized to accompany inspector. (NRS 618.295)
1. Except as provided in subsections 6 and 7, an inspector may permit a representative of an employer or the employees, or both, to accompany the inspector on an inspection if he or she determines that the representative or representatives will aid the inspection.
2. Each representative of the employees must be a person selected by the employees of the employer being inspected.
3. A different representative of the employer or employees may be permitted to accompany the inspector during each phase of an inspection if this arrangement will not interfere with the conduct of the inspection.
4. An inspector shall resolve all disputes as to who is the representative authorized by the employer or employees.
5. A third person, such as an industrial hygienist or safety inspector, may be permitted to accompany the inspector if the inspector determines that the person is reasonably necessary to the conduct of an effective and thorough physical inspection of the workplace.
6. A representative of the employees and any third person accompanying the inspector must be authorized by the employer to enter any area containing trade secrets.
7. Only persons authorized to have access to information classified by an agency of the United States Government in the interest of national security may accompany an inspector in areas containing such information.
(Added to NAC by Div. of Occupational Safety & Health, eff. 8-26-83)