Nev. Admin. Code § 618.6465 - Violations concerning movable equipment
Current through October 13, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 618.6465 Violations concerning movable equipment. (NRS 618.295)
1. An employer shall attach a warning tag provided by the Division or a copy of the citation on the operating controls or component of the movable equipment that was cited in a citation if the Enforcement Section determines that the violation set forth in the citation was willful, serious or a repeat violation.
2. For handheld movable equipment, the warning tag or copy of the citation must be attached immediately after the employer receives the citation. For movable equipment that is not handheld, the warning tag or copy of the citation must be attached before the equipment is moved.
3. An employer shall ensure that the warning tag or copy of the citation attached to movable equipment pursuant to this section:
(a) Is not altered, defaced or covered by any material; and
(b) Remains attached to the movable equipment until:
(1) The violation has been abated and the documents required pursuant to NAC 618.6494 and 618.6495 have been submitted to the Enforcement Section;
(2) The movable equipment has been permanently removed from service or is no longer under the control of the employer; or
(3) The Board issues an order vacating the citation,
whichever occurs earliest.
4. An employer shall remove movable equipment from use if the Enforcement Section determines that the movable equipment is a serious hazard to employees. The equipment must not be used until it is repaired and approved by the Enforcement Section.
5. As used in this section, “movable equipment” means a powered or unpowered machine or device that is used to perform work and may be moved between work sites.
(Added to NAC by Div. of Industrial Relations by R142-98, eff. 2-28-2000)