Nev. Admin. Code § 618.6467 - Posting of citation, notice of violation or notice of intent to contest citation; compliance
Current through October 13, 2021
NRS 618.295, 618.465
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 618.6467 Posting of citation, notice of violation or notice of intent to contest citation; compliance. (NRS 618.295, 618.465)
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section and NAC 618.6465, upon receipt of any citation or notice of violation, the employer shall immediately post the citation or notice, or a copy of it, unedited, at or near each place where the alleged violation occurred.
2. Where, because of the nature of the employer’s operations, it is not practicable to post the citation or notice of violation at or near each place of alleged violation, the citation or notice of violation must be posted, unedited, in a prominent place where it will be readily observable by all affected employees. If the employees are engaged in activities which are physically dispersed, the citation or notice may be posted at the location to which the employees report each day.
3. If the employees do not primarily work at or report to a single location, the citation or notice of violation may be posted at the location from which the employees operate to carry out their activities.
4. The employer shall ensure that the citation or notice of violation is not altered, defaced or covered by other material.
5. Each citation or notice of violation, or copy of it, must be kept posted until the violation has been abated, or for 3 working days, whichever is later.
6. An employer must comply with the posting requirements of this section even if the employer files a notice of his or her intent to contest a citation.
7. An employer is not required to comply with the requirements of this section after the Board issues a final order vacating a citation.
8. An employer to whom a citation has been issued may post a notice of the employer’s intent to contest the citation in the same location where the citation is posted. The employer’s notice may explain the reason for such a contest and indicate the steps that have been taken to abate the violation.
(Added to NAC by Div. of Occupational Safety & Health, eff. 8-26-83; A by Div. of Industrial Relations by R142-98, 2-28-2000)