Nev. Admin. Code § 637.280 - Supervision of apprentice
Current through August 4, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
NAC 637.280 Supervision of apprentice; notice of permanent change of supervision. (NRS 637.070, 637.100, 637.125)
1. An apprentice dispensing optician must have on file with the Board a supervisor of record who is licensed in this State. An apprentice dispensing optician may not have more than one supervisor of record. A licensed dispensing optician may be the supervisor of record for not more than two apprentice dispensing opticians.
2. Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the supervisor of record of an apprentice dispensing optician must be on the premises of the optical establishment at all times to directly supervise the apprentice dispensing optician. In all instances of the absence of the supervisor of record, a substitute supervisor who is licensed in this State must be obtained to directly supervise the apprentice dispensing optician.
3. When a permanent change of supervision is made, the apprentice dispensing optician shall notify the Board, in writing, of the permanent change within 10 business days after the permanent change.
4. A supervisor of record or a substitute supervisor shall not directly supervise more than two apprentice dispensing opticians at any one time.
5. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 6, an apprentice dispensing optician and his or her supervisor of record must be employed by the same employer at the same work location.
6. An apprentice dispensing optician may be directly supervised by any licensed dispensing optician authorized to fit and fill prescriptions for contact lenses, licensed ophthalmologist or licensed optometrist in order to complete the 100 hours of training and experience in the fitting and filling of prescriptions for contact lenses required pursuant to subparagraph (2) of paragraph (g) of subsection 1 of NRS 637.100.
7. An apprentice dispensing optician, his or her supervisor of record and his or her substitute supervisor must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
8. The Board may require a supervisor of record to conduct a periodic review of an apprentice dispensing optician.
9. As used in this section:
(a) “Directly supervise” means physically providing individual direction, control, inspection and evaluation of work based on the training, experience and education of the apprentice dispensing optician, and any other relevant factors.
(b) “Permanent change” means a change in the supervisor of record of an apprentice dispensing optician that lasts 7 days or longer.
(c) “Supervisor of record” means an ophthalmologist, an optometrist or a dispensing optician who directly supervises the apprentice dispensing optician.
[Bd. of Dispensing Opt., No. 17.1, eff. 10-6-78; No. 17.2, eff. 11-30-79] — (NAC A 3-7-90; R042-02, 8-29-2002; R108-04, 12-1-2004; R113-06, 6-28-2006; R201-07, 4-17-2008; R043-10, 6-30-2010; R073-12, 6-3-2013; R106-14, 11-2-2016)