90.355 - Applicant for licensing: Filing requirements; payment of fee; required examinations
90.355. Applicant for licensing: Filing requirements; payment of fee; required examinations
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, an applicant for licensing as a sales representative must include in his or her application the Uniform Application for Securities Industry Registration or Transfer (Form U-4) with the applicant's original signature and:
(a) Proof of successful completion of:
(1) The Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination (Series 63) or the Uniform Combined State Law Examination (Series 66); and
(2) Any applicable qualifying examination required by the Securities and Exchange Commission or the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority for sales representatives; or
(b) Proof of waiver of those examinations.
2. If an applicant is to be licensed for a broker-dealer who is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the documents required by this section and the fee required by NRS 90.360 must be filed with and paid to the Central Registration Depository. In any other case, the documents and the fee must be filed with and paid to the Administrator.
3. An applicant who is in good standing as a sales representative with the Securities Association of the United Kingdom may provide proof of successful completion of the Series 17 Limited Registered Representative Examination of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority in lieu of the Series 7 General Securities Representative Examination, if required pursuant to the provisions of subparagraph (2) of paragraph (a) of subsection 1. However, if that applicant engages in the solicitation, purchase or sale of municipal securities as that phrase is defined in section 3(a)(29) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, 15 U.S.C. § 78 c, he or she must also apply for registration as a Municipal Securities Representative with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and pass the Series 52 Municipal Securities Representative Examination.
Added to NAC by Sec'y of State, eff. 4-22-88; A 10-16-89; 11-19-92; 5-23-96; R033-08, 6-17-2008
NRS 90.350, 90.360, 90.750, 90.845, 90.847
The following state regulations pages link to this page.