N.H. Code Admin. R. He-E 801.18 - Home-Delivered Meals Services
Current through Register Vol. 41, No. 39, September 30, 2021
(See Revision Note at part heading for He-E 801) #9969, eff 8-8-11
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
He-E 801.18 Home-Delivered Meals Services.
(a) Covered home-delivered meals services include:
(1) The delivery of nutritionally balanced meals to the participant’s home; and
(2) The monitoring of the participant and the reporting of emergencies, crises, or potentially harmful situations to emergency personnel or the participant’s case manager, as appropriate.
(b) All home-delivered meals shall be nutritionally balanced and contain at least one-third of the current Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) as established by the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council.
(c) Providers of home-delivered meals services shall:
(1) Have a current contract with DHHS to provide home-delivered nutrition services to adults;
(2) Ensure that meals are prepared and delivered in compliance with the comprehensive care plan and with any applicable state or local requirements;
(3) Provide meals that accommodate diabetic or salt restricted diets, or both, if such are requested by the case manager;
(4) Provide visual verification that the participant is home and that there are no unusual circumstances that may cause someone to suspect harm or potential harm to the participant; and
(5) Report any observations of unusual circumstances to the designated agency supervisor or, in the case of an emergency, call emergency personnel.
(d) Home-delivered meals services shall not be a covered service when the meal is provided at an adult medical day program, at a residential care facility, or at a congregate meal site.
Source. (See Revision Note at part heading for He-E 801) #9969, eff 8-8-11; ss by #12830, INTERIM, eff 8-7-19, EXPIRED: 2-3-20