N.J. Admin. Code § 10:110-16.1 - Distribution of excess child support

Current through Register Vol. 54, No. 7, April 4, 2022

(a) When an individual applies for or receives assistance under WFNJ/TANF, he or she assigns to the CWA any rights to support he or she may have, and any rights to support on behalf of any other individual for whom assistance is being sought or paid.
(b) If the entire support obligation for the month is collected and it exceeds the current month's assistance payment, the State shall retain the excess to apply toward the unreimbursed assistance (URA) for preceding months pursuant to 42 U.S.C. §§ 608(a)(3) and 657, and 45 C.F.R. 302.51.
1. If URA is zero dollars, then any excess child support collected is paid to the family.


N.J. Admin. Code § 10:110-16.1
Amended by R.2004 d.88, effective 3/1/2004.
See: 35 New Jersey Register 3042(a), 36 New Jersey Register 1207(a).
In (b), inserted "pursuant to 42 U.S.C. §§ 608(a)(3) and 657, and 45 C.F.R. 302.51" following "for preceding months" in the introductory paragraph.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.