N.J. Admin. Code § 13:69N-1.2 - General requirements for sports pools and online sports pools
(a) A racetrack authorized to conduct a sports pool or online sports pool shall comply with all applicable requirements of:
1. N.J.A.C. 13:69D-1.1, 1.8, 1.10, 1.11, 1.14, 1.15, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, and 3.1;
2. N.J.A.C. 13:69E-1.28O and 1.28R;
3. N.J.A.C. 13:69J-1.1, 1.2, 1.2B, 1.3B, 1.14, and 1.14B;
4. N.J.A.C. 13:69L-1.1 and 1.4 through 1.8; and
5. N.J.A.C. 13:69O-1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.7, and 1.9.
(b) No casino or racetrack licensee shall operate or accept wagers from either a sports pool or online sports pool, unless the licensee has commenced operation in a sports wagering lounge, except that:
1. Online sports wagering may commence for a period not to exceed nine months upon the approval of the Director if the lounge is under construction; and
2. Casino and racetrack sports wagering may commence upon the approval of the Director in a temporary sports pool facility for a period not to exceed nine months if the lounge is under construction. The Director may extend the use of the temporary facility for good cause.
(c) An internet gaming affiliate may commence online sports wagering if an associated casino has commenced operation in a sports wagering lounge, except that online sports wagering may commence in a temporary sports pool facility for a period not to exceed nine months upon the approval of the Director if the lounge is under construction.
(d) A casino or racetrack offering a sports pool or online sports pool shall maintain a cash reserve of not less than the greater of $ 500,000 or the amount necessary to ensure the ability to cover the outstanding sports pool and online sports pool liability.
(e) Each sports pool operator shall, prior to commencing operations, and annually thereafter, perform a system integrity and security assessment conducted by an independent professional selected by the licensee. The party performing the assessment and the scope of the assessment shall be approved by the Division. The independent professional's report on the assessment shall be submitted to the Division and shall include:
1. Scope of review;
2. Name and company affiliation of the individual(s) who conducted the assessment;
3. Date of the assessment;
5. Recommended corrective action, if applicable; and
6. The operator's response to the findings and recommended corrective action.
(f) A sports pool operator shall investigate each patron complaint and provide a response to the patron within five calendar days. For complaints that cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the patron and which are related to patron accounts, settlement of wagers, and/or illegal activity, a copy of the complaint and licensee's response, including all relevant documentation, shall be provided to the Division or New Jersey Racing Commission, as applicable.
(g) An online sports pool operator shall only accept wagers from patrons that have been affirmatively located as being physically present in the State of New Jersey at the time of their wager.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.