Chapter 72 - DIVISION OF PAROLE
- Subchapter 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS (§ 10A:72-1.1 to 10A:72-1.5)
- Subchapter 2 - COMMUNITY PLAN AND SUPERVISION (§ 10A:72-2.1 to 10A:72-2.6)
- Subchapter 3 - POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION OF SEX OFFENDERS (§ 10A:72-3.1 to 10A:72-3.10)
- Subchapter 4 - USE OF FORCE WHILE ON-DUTY (§ 10A:72-4.1 to 10A:72-4.13)
- Subchapter 5 - USE OF PERSONAL FIREARMS AND USE OF FORCE WHILE OFF-DUTY (§ 10A:72-5.1 to 10A:72-5.11)
- Subchapter 6 - SEARCH AND URINE MONITORING OF PAROLEES AND INMATES (§ 10A:72-6.1 to 10A:72-6.8)
- Subchapter 7 - CONTRABAND AND DISPOSITION OF CONTRABAND (§ 10A:72-7.1)
- Subchapter 8 - TRANSPORTATION OF PAROLEES IN CUSTODY (§ 10A:72-8.1 to 10A:72-8.5)
- Subchapter 9 - VOLUNTEERS IN PAROLE PROGRAM (V.I.P.P.) (§ 10A:72-9.1 to 10A:72-9.14)
- Subchapter 10 - CURFEW, ELECTRONIC MONITORING, AND GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM (GPS) MONITORING (§ 10A:72-10.1 to 10A:72-10.9)
- Subchapter 11 - SEX OFFENDER GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM (GPS) MONITORING PROGRAM (§ 10A:72-11.1 to 10A:72-11.6)
- Subchapter 12 - TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY (§ 10A:72-12.1 to 10A:72-12.4)
- Subchapter 13 - PAROLEE CONTRACT AGREEMENT (§ 10A:72-13.1 to 10A:72-13.5)
- Subchapter 14 - INTERNET ACCESS CONDITION (§ 10A:72-14.1 to 10A:72-14.4)
- Subchapter 15 - SOCIAL NETWORKING CONDITION (§ 10A:72-15.1 to 10A:72-15.4)
- Subchapter 16 - REQUESTS TO RESIDE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA) (§ 10A:72-16.1 to 10A:72-16.10)
R.2021 d.090, effective July 23, 2021.
See: 53 N.J.R. 211(a), 53 N.J.R. 1383(b).
CHAPTER HISTORICAL NOTE:
Former Chapter 26, Bureau of Parole, was adopted as R.1995 d.85, effective February 6, 1995. See: 26 N.J.R. 4143(a), 27 N.J.R. 550(a). Pursuant to Executive Order No. 66(1978), Chapter 26 expired on February 6, 2000.
Former Chapter 26, Division of Parole, was adopted as new rules by R.2000 d.504, effective December 18, 2000. See: 31 N.J.R. 4205(a), 32 N.J.R. 4465(b).
Chapter 72, Division of Parole, Subchapters 1 through 8, were recodified from Chapter 26, Division of Parole, and Subchapter 9, Volunteers in Parole Program (V.I.P.P.), was recodified from N.J.A.C. 10A:17-3.3 through 3.16, by administrative change. See: 34 N.J.R. 1918(a).
Subchapter 2, Community Plan and Supervision; and Subchapter 9, Volunteers in Parole Program (V.I.P.P.), were adopted as new rules by R.2004 d.446, effective December 6, 2004. See: 36 N.J.R. 2136(a), 36 N.J.R. 5359(a).
Chapter 72, Division of Parole, was readopted as R.2006 d.256, effective June 15, 2006. See: 38 N.J.R. 100(a), 38 N.J.R. 3033(a).
Subchapter 3, Polygraph Examination of Sex Offenders, was adopted as new rules by R.2011 d.252, effective November 21, 2011. See: 43 N.J.R. 121(a), 43 N.J.R. 3087(a).
Subchapter 6, Search and Urine Monitoring of Parolees and Inmates, was renamed Search and Urine Monitoring of Parolees; Subchapter 8, Transportation of Parolees and Inmates in Custody, was renamed Transportation of Parolees in Custody; and Subchapter 10, Curfew and Electronic Monitoring, was adopted as new rules by R.2011 d.291, effective December 5, 2011. See: 43 N.J.R. 1408(a), 43 N.J.R. 3184(a).
Subchapter 11, Sex Offender Global Positioning System (GPS) Monitoring Program, was adopted as new rules by R.2012 d.201, effective December 17, 2012. See: 44 N.J.R. 2098(a), 44 N.J.R. 3069(a).
In accordance with N.J.S.A. 52:14B-5.1b, Chapter 72, Division of Parole, was scheduled to expire on June 15, 2013. See: 43 N.J.R. 1203(a).
Chapter 72, Division of Parole, was readopted as R.2014 d.013, effective December 5, 2013. As a part of R.2014 d.013, Subchapter 4, Use of Force While On-Duty, was renamed Use of Firearms and Use of Force While On-Duty; and Subchapter 12, Travel Outside the State of New Jersey, and Subchapter 13, Parolee Contract Agreement, were adopted as new rules, effective January 6, 2014. See: 45 N.J.R. 1337(a), 46 N.J.R. 79(b).
Subchapter 10, Curfew and Electronic Monitoring, was renamed Curfew, Electronic Monitoring, and Global Positioning System (GPS) Monitoring by R.2016 d.166, effective December 5, 2016. See: 48 N.J.R. 769(a), 48 N.J.R. 2612(b).
Subchapter 14, Internet Access Condition, was adopted as new rules by R.2018 d.093, effective April 16, 2018. See: 49 N.J.R. 3408(a), 50 N.J.R. 1154(a).
In accordance with N.J.S.A. 52:14B-5.1, Chapter 72, Division of Parole, was scheduled to expire on June 3, 2021. Pursuant to Executive Order Nos. 127 (2020) and 244 (2021) and P.L.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.