04R .0203 - SUBMISSIONS FOR REVIEW
04R .0203. SUBMISSIONS FOR REVIEW
(a) All persons proposing an undertaking as defined in Rule .0202(8) of this Section shall submit a written request in writing to the HPO containing the following information:
(1) a description of the project location;
(2) a description of the actions(s) proposed;
(3) the applicant's name, address, telephone number, and email address, if available;
(4) a map indicating the project's location, including named or numbered roads;
(5) the project area size in acres; and
(6) photographs of any buildings 50 years or older within the area of potential effects.
(b) Proposed undertakings submitted for review shall be submitted in one of the following methods:
(1) by mail addressed to the HPO, Attention Environmental Review Coordinator, 4617 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27601;
(2) by internal State mail to the HPO, Attention Environmental Review Coordinator, 4617 Mail Service Center; or
(3) by email to email@example.com.
(c) All proposed undertaking applications shall be reviewed as either State-involved undertakings or federally-involved undertakings.
(1) State-involved undertakings are those that require State approval or implicate State funds. State-involved undertakings include any State-issued permits, State-issued grants, and State-issued licenses. State-involved undertakings shall be reviewed by the HPO as staff to the Historical Commission for their effect on submerged cultural resources as well as historical, architectural, or archaeological structures, sites, districts, or objects. Any State-involved undertakings which may affect a property listed on the National Register of Historic Places shall be reviewed according to Rule .0206 of this Section.
(2) Federally-involved undertakings are those that require federal approval or implicate federal funds. Federally-involved undertakings shall be reviewed by the SHPO using the regulations set forth in 36 C.F.R 800. 36 CF.R. 800 is hereby incorporated by reference, including subsequent amendments and additions, and may be accessed at no cost at http://www.achp.gov/regs-rev04.pdf.
(d) The HPO shall issue a response within 30 days of receipt of the submission.(Authority G.S. 113-229(e); 113A-4(2); 113A-107(d); 121-4(13); 121-12(a); 136-42.1; 143B-62(1)f,(3); Executive Order XVI (1976); 16 U.S.C. 470; 16 U.S.C. 1451 et. seq.; 42 U.S.C. 4321; 15 C.F.R. 923; 36 C.F.R. 69; 36 C.F.R. 800; Eff. February 1, 1985; Amended Eff. June 1, 1989. Readopted by North Carolina Register Volume 31, Issue 19, April 3, 2017 effective June 1, 2017.)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.