14A .0301 - DEFINITIONS
14A .0301. DEFINITIONS
The following definitions apply throughout this Section:
(1) "Facility" is defined in 42 CFR 483.5, which is herein incorporated by reference, including subsequent amendments and editions. The Code of Federal Regulations may be accessed free of charge at http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_0 8/ 42cfr 483 _08.
(2) "Hearing Officer" means the person at the Hearing Unit designated to preside over hearings between residents and nursing facility providers regarding transfers and discharges.
(3) "Hearing Unit" means the Chief Hearing Officer and his or her staff in the Division of Medical Assistance of the Department of Health and Human Services.
(5) "Request for a Hearing" means a written expression by the resident, family member, or legal representative, that he or she wants the opportunity to present his or her case to the Hearing Officer.
(6) "Resident" means any person who is receiving treatment or long-term care in a facility.
(7) "Serve" means personal delivery, delivery by first class or certified United States Postal Service mail, or delivery by licensed overnight express mail, postage prepaid and addressed to the party at his or her last known address.(Authority 42 U.S.C.S. 1396r(e)(3) and (f)(3); 42 C.F.R. 483.5; 42 C.F.R. 483.12; G.S. 143B-165(10); Eff. August 3, 1992. Readopted by North Carolina Register Volume 33, Issue 15, February 1, 2019 effective January 1, 2019.)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.