11 .0201 - APPLICATION FOR LICENSE
11 .0201. APPLICATION FOR LICENSE
(a) Each applicant for a license shall complete an application form provided by the Board. This form and one additional copy shall be submitted to the administrator and shall be accompanied by:
(1) one set of classifiable fingerprints on an applicant card provided by the Board;
(2) one head and shoulders digital photograph of the applicant in JPG format of acceptable quality for identification and taken within six months prior to submission and submitted by e-mail to PPSB/ASLBemail@example.com or by compact disc;
(3) for residents of North Carolina statements of the results of a statewide criminal history records search for the past five years conducted by an Administrative Offices of the Courts' approved firm that conducts criminal history searches and bases its search on the criminal history database maintained by the North Carolina Administrative Offices of the Courts;
(4) for out-of-state residents, statements of the results of a statewide criminal history records search for the past five years conducted by a Board approved company under contract with, or appointed by, the Board to conduct criminal history searches which bases its search on the criminal history database maintained by the state of residence;
(5) the applicant's application fee; and
(6) an Equifax credit check run within 30 days of the license application submission date.
(b) Each applicant must provide evidence of high school graduation either by diploma, G.E.D. certificate, or other equivalent documentation.
(c) Each applicant for a license shall meet personally with either a Board investigator, the Screening Committee, the Director, or a Board representative designated by the Director prior to being issued a license. The applicant shall discuss the provisions of G.S. 74D and the administrative rules during the personal meeting. The applicant shall sign a form provided by the Board indicating that the applicant has reviewed the information with the Board's representative and that the applicant has an understanding of G.S. 74D and the administrative rules.
(d) Each applicant for a branch office license shall complete an application form provided by the Board. This form and one additional copy shall be submitted to the administrator and shall be accompanied by the branch office application fee.(Authority G.S. 74D-2; 74D-3; 74D-5; 74D-7; Temporary Rule Eff. January 9, 1984, for a period of 120 days to expire on May 7, 1984; Eff. May 1, 1984; Amended Eff. December 1, 2012; February 1, 2012; January 1, 2007; September 1, 2006; March 1, 1993; July 1, 1987; January 1, 1986.)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.