67-11-20-04 - Certificate of completion standards

67-11-20-04. Certificate of completion standards

To obtain a certificate of completion for speech-language pathology, an individual must submit a completed application form and either:

1. Have been employed as a speech-language pathology paraprofessional on or before October 1, 2003, and have both a bachelor's degree in speech-language pathology or communication disorders and at least one hundred clock-hours of supervised field experience; or

2. Have completed an associate's or bachelor's degree which incorporates:

a. Thirty hours of general college education including oral and written communication skills, mathematics, psychology, and the biological and health sciences;

b. Thirty hours of college education in the area of speech-language pathology, including classes in anatomy, physiology of speech, language, swallowing and hearing mechanisms, communication development, introduction of clinical processes, and fundamentals of human behavior management; and

c. A minimum of one hundred clock-hours of fieldwork experience which is supervised by a qualified speech-language pathologist.

(Effective December 1, 2003.)

General Authority: NDCC 15.1-02-11, 15.1-02-16, 15.1-32-02, 15.1-32-09

Law Implemented: NDCC 15.1-02-11, 15.1-32-02, 15.1-32-09; 20 USC 1412(a)(15); 20 USC 6319(c) -(f); 34 CFR 200.58

The following state regulations pages link to this page.