69-09-05-00.1 - Definitions
1. "Competitive local exchange company" means any telecommunications company providing local exchange service, other than an incumbent local exchange carrier, whether by its own facilities, interconnection, or resale.
2. "Eligible telecommunications carrier" means a telecommunications company designated under section 214(e) of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 as eligible to receive universal service support in accordance with section 254 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
3. "End user" means a person who uses telecommunications service for the person's own use.
4. "Incumbent local exchange company" means a telecommunications company that meets the definition of section 251(h) of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
5. "Lifeline service" means a retail local telecommunications offering for which qualifying low-income consumers pay reduced recurring charges for universal service.
6. "Link-up service" means a reduction in the carrier's customary charge for commencing telecommunications service for a single telecommunications connection at a consumer's principal place of residence.
7. "Local exchange company" means an incumbent or competitive local exchange company.(Effective January 1, 2001.)
General Authority: NDCC 28-32-02, 49-21-01.7
Law Implemented: NDCC 49-21, 49-21-01.7
The following state regulations pages link to this page.