75-03-25-05 - Duties of the local ombudsman
75-03-25-05. Duties of the local ombudsman
The local ombudsman shall:
1. Investigate and resolve complaints involving long-term care service providers, or representatives of providers, public agencies, or health and social service agencies and pertaining to administrative action, inaction, or decisions that may adversely affect the health, safety, welfare, or rights of a long-term care resident;
2. Ensure that a long-term care resident in the local ombudsman's service area has regular, reliable, and timely access to the local and volunteer ombudsman;
3. Ensure that complaints and requests for assistance receive timely responses;
4. Represent the interests of a long-term care resident before governmental agencies and pursue administrative and legal remedies, to protect the health, safety, welfare, and rights of a long-term care resident;
5. Review and make necessary comments on existing and proposed statutes, rules, regulations, and other governmental policies and administrative actions pertaining to the health, safety, welfare, and rights of a long-term care resident;
6. Facilitate the opportunity for the public to comment on federal and state statutes, rules, regulations, policies, and administrative actions pertaining to the health, safety, welfare, and rights of a long-term care resident.
7. Advocate for and support the development of long-term care resident councils and long-term care family councils;
8. Recruit and train the volunteer ombudsman, maintain documentation, and investigate any complaints about the volunteer ombudsman, in the form and manner required by the department;
9. Conduct an annual evaluation of each volunteer ombudsman in the form and manner required by the department; and
10. Perform other operations and projects required by the state long-term care ombudsman.(Effective March 1, 1997. Amended by Administrative Rules Supplement 2016-360, April 2016, effective April 1, 2016.)
General Authority: NDCC 50-10.1-03(8); 42 U.S.C. 3011, et seq.
Law Implemented: NDCC 50-10.1-03(8)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.