Ohio Admin. Code 3356-10-02 - Graduate faculty
Current through all regulations passed and filed through December 3, 2021
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3356
Rule Amplifies: 3356
Prior Effective Dates: 11/04/1977, 08/15/1998, 06/16/2003, 08/21/2010, 01/22/2012, 01/20/2017
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 3356-10-02. Graduate faculty
(A) Policy statement. The graduate faculty shall consist of the president of the university, the provost/vice president for academic affairs, the dean of the college of graduate studies, the deans of the colleges, and faculty members qualified to teach graduate courses as determined by the dean of graduate studies and the graduate faculty.
(B) Definition. Graduate faculty membership includes:
(1) Category three members who are not employed by Youngstown state university and whose academic entitlements are determined by the dean of graduate studies in consultation with the graduate council;
(2) Category two members who may teach and supervise master's level graduate work and participate fully in activities of graduate studies committees and may vote in graduate faculty meetings;
(3) Category one members who may teach and supervise master's and doctoral level work and have full rights and privileges in governance of the college of graduate studies. In addition, those faculty serving as chairpersons of doctoral committees shall meet advanced requirements determined by the appropriate college departments and approved by the dean of graduate studies in addition to those necessary for category one members.
(1) The graduate council is the representative governance unit for the graduate faculty and the college of graduate studies.
(2) Criteria and internal college procedures for appointment to the graduate faculty are recommended by the individual colleges and approved by the graduate council.
(3) The graduate faculty recommends and maintains standards for graduate admissions, courses, programs, and degrees, plus rules and procedures to give uniformity to the quality of graduate instruction throughout the university. It shall make recommendations concerning curricular activities required for graduate degrees and make suggestions to the departments concerning courses for graduate credit. It shall encourage the development and improvement of graduate work and research.
(4) Graduate council policies and procedures are found in the "College of Graduate Studies Academic Policy Book."
Replaces: 3356-10-02(Effective: 1/20/2017 Promulgated Under: 111.15 Statutory Authority: 3356 Rule Amplifies: 3356 Prior Effective Dates: Prior to 11/4/77, 8/15/98, 6/16/03; 8/21/10, 1/22/12)