Ohio Admin. Code 3356-2-02 - Equal opportunity and affirmative action recruitment and employment
Current through all regulations passed and filed through March 11, 2022
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3356
Rule Amplifies: 3356
Prior Effective Dates: 06/16/2003, 08/23/2010, 01/23/2012, 10/05/2015, 10/10/2016
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 3356-2-02. Equal opportunity and affirmative action recruitment and employment
(A) Policy statement. Youngstown state university is committed to the principles of affirmative action and equality of treatment and opportunity without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran or military status or any other basis protected by law (protected class status).
(1) It is the responsibility of the entire university to create a campus environment that values all individuals and groups, to provide for equality of opportunity, and to maintain openness to diversity of ideas and experiences.
(2) The commitment of the university is promulgated, in part, by the affirmative action plan.
(3) The affirmative action plan outlines the parameters of the university's affirmative action practices in recruitment and employment, which are reported regularly to the board of trustees.
(1) University employment and personnel actions and access to university-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations, executive orders, and university policies.
(2) The office of equal opportunity and policy development is responsible for the development and implementation of the university's equal opportunity and affirmative action policies and for receiving complaints of discrimination or harassment based on protected class status.
(3) The office of equal opportunity and policy development in coordination with the office of human resources shall monitor recruitment and employment practices for compliance with applicable legal requirements and university policies.
(4) The office of equal opportunity and policy development in conjunction with the office of human resources may require additional and/or specific efforts outside of the standard employment search process in furtherance of the university's equal employment and affirmative action goals. Such efforts include but are not limited to the drafting of job postings, the selection of applicants for interview, and advertisement and recruitment methods.
(5) Specific information regarding equal opportunity recruitment and employment is found on the office of equal opportunity and policy development website at http://cms.ysu.edu/administrative-offices/equal-opportunity-and-policy-compliance/equal-opportunity-and-policy.
(6) The university's affirmative action plan is available for viewing in the office of equal opportunity and policy development.
Replaces: 3356-2-02(Effective: 10/10/2016 Promulgated Under: 111.15 Statutory Authority: 3356 Rule Amplifies: 3356 Prior Effective Dates: 6/16/03, 8/23/10, 1/23/12, 10/5/15)