Ohio Admin. Code 3364-25-101 - Overtime
Current through all regulations passed and filed through September 3, 2021
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 3364
Rule Amplifies: 3364
Prior Effective Dates: 05/31/2018
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 3364-25-101. Overtime
(A) Policy statement
(1) When calculating overtime for a payroll week which includes a holiday, the automatic hours of holiday pay eight for full time employees shall be counted as active pay status and shall be used in the calculation of overtime whether the employee worked the holiday or not.
(2) Active pay status is defined to include, in addition to holiday pay, hours of paid vacation and paid sick leave.
(3) Excluded from this policy are those positions deemed exempt by the human resources department in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938.
(4) In order to equalize overtime opportunities, each department or area will maintain a rotating overtime list by job classification. Employees will be notified as early as possible before the overtime period commences that they will be required to stay and work beyond their normal quitting time. The list must show the number of hours of overtime worked and the number of opportunities turned down for each employee in the department or area. Overtime opportunities need not be offered to employees in their original or subsequent probationary period until such time as the employee, as determined by the immediate supervisor, is sufficiently trained.
(5) Employees who work overtime that have not been authorized in advance may be subject to disciplinary action.
(B) Purpose of policy
To provide guidelines for hourly, non-bargaining unit employees with regard to the calculation of overtime for a payroll week which includes a holiday.
This policy applies to non-bargaining unit employees of the university not governed by other agreements, policies, or rules and regulations.
The appropriate divisional vice president is responsible for implementation of this policy.(Effective: 9/21/2020 Promulgated Under: 111.15 Statutory Authority: 3364 Rule Amplifies: 3364 Prior Effective Dates: 05/31/2018)