Ohio Admin. Code 3701-6-04 - Health resource shortage areas
Current through all regulations passed and filed through December 3, 2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3702.79
Rule Amplifies: 3702.75, 3702.76, 3702.77
Prior Effective Dates: 10/15/1994, 12/28/01, 8/2/07, 9/6/12
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 3701-6-04. Health resource shortage areas
(A) Health resource shortage areas shall include the following:
(1) A geographical area, facility, or population group in this state that is designated by the United States secretary of health and human services as a health professional shortage area for primary care or mental health under 42 CFR in accordance with Appendix A or Appendix C to 42 CFR Part 5, dated October 1, 2007.
(2) A geographical area, facility or population group in this state which:
(a) Has previously been designated as a health professional shortage area as described in paragraph (A)(1) of this rule; and
(b) Has a population to primary care physician ratio exceeding two thousand to one or a population to psychiatrist ratio exceeding twenty thousand to one.
(3) A free clinic, as defined in section 3701.071 of the Revised Code, regardless of whether a clinic is located in a geographic area that is designated as a health resource shortage area.
(4) Other areas or population groups which the director has determined to have unmet needs for primary care physicians.
(B) In determining priorities among health resource shortage areas, the director shall consider:
(1) Population groups that experience special health problems; and
(2) Physician practice patterns that limit access to primary care.
Replaces: 3701-6-04(Effective: 11/30/2017 Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/15/2022 Promulgated Under: 119.03 Statutory Authority: 3702.79 Rule Amplifies: 3702.75, 3702.76, 3702.77 Prior Effective Dates: 10/15/1994, 12/28/01, 8/2/07, 9/6/12)