Ohio Admin. Code 3745-270-35 - Waste-specific prohibitions-petroleum refining wastes
Current through all regulations passed and filed through March 11, 2022
Rule promulgated under: RC Chapter 119.
Rule authorized by: RC 3734.12
Rule amplifies: RC 3734.12
119.032 review date: Exempt
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 3745-270-35. Waste-specific prohibitions-petroleum refining wastes
(A) The wastes specified in Chapter 3745-51 of the Administrative Code as EPA hazardous wastes numbers K169, K170, K171, and K172, soils and debris contaminated with these wastes, radioactive wastes mixed with these hazardous wastes, and soils and debris contaminated with these radioactive mixed wastes, are prohibited from land disposal.
(B) The requirements of paragraph (A) of this rule do not apply if:
(1) The wastes meet the applicable treatment standards specified in rules 3745-270-40 to 3745-270-49 of the Administrative Code;
(2) Persons have been granted an exemption from a prohibition pursuant to a petition under rule 3745-270-06 of the Administrative Code, with respect to those wastes and units covered by the petition;
(3) The wastes meet the applicable treatment standards established pursuant to a petition granted under rule 3745-270-44 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Hazardous debris that has met treatment standards in rule 3745-270-40 of the Administrative Code or in the alternative treatment standards in rule 3745-270-45 of the Administrative Code; or
(5) Persons have been granted an extension to the effective date of a prohibition pursuant to rule 3745-270-05 of the Administrative Code, with respect to these wastes covered by the extension.
(C) To determine whether a hazardous waste identified in this rule exceeds the applicable treatment standards specified in rule 3745-270-40 of the Administrative Code, the initial generator shall test a sample of the waste extract or the entire waste, depending on whether the treatment standards are expressed as concentrations in the waste extract or the waste, or the generator may use knowledge of the waste. If the waste contains constituents in excess of the applicable universal treatment standard levels of rule 3745-270-48 of the Administrative Code, the waste is prohibited from land disposal, and all requirements of Chapter 3745-270 of the Administrative Code are applicable, except as otherwise specified.(Eff 12-7-00 Rule promulgated under: RC Chapter 119. Rule authorized by: RC 3734.12 Rule amplifies: RC 3734.12 119.032 review date: Exempt )