Ohio Admin. Code 3745-91-12 - Certification by political subdivisions and investor-owned public utilities
Current through all regulations passed and filed through September 3, 2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 6109.04
Rule Amplifies: 6109.04, 6109.07
Prior Effective Dates: 12/01/93, 01/01/99
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 3745-91-12. Certification by political subdivisions and investor-owned public utilities
(A) The director may enter into an agreement with any political subdivision or investor-owned public utility that owns or operates a public water system which proposes to extend the distribution facilities of the system, increase the number of service connections to the system, add distribution pump station, or add storage tank in the distribution system.
(B) Such an agreement under this rule shall authorize a qualified officer or representative of the political subdivision or investor-owned public utility to review plans for the extension of the distribution facilities, the increase in the number of service connections, the addition of distribution system pump station, or the addition of storage tank in the distribution system. At a minimum, said qualified person shall be a professional engineer licensed by the state of Ohio.
(C) Agreements under this rule shall include, but not be limited to, the following public water system requirements:
(1) Submission of a general plan within one year of the effective date of the agreement.
(2) Submission of an annual report summarizing all plans which were self-certified in the previous year. The annual report shall be signed by the professional engineer identified in the agreement, submitted on a form acceptable to the director and shall include at least the following:
(a) Date of the certification.
(b) Project title.
(c) Summary sheet type (i.e., waterline extension, storage tank).
(d) List of each set of plans approved.
(e) Amendments to the plan.
(f) Actual construction costs.
(g) Construction start and end dates.
(h) Date placed in service.
(i) Numbers of actual and potential service connections.
(j) Increase in average and peak daily demand.
(k) Operating pressure range, each year during the term of the agreement.
(3) Compliance with periodic audits by the director.
(D) All plan submissions under this rule shall include the following:
(1) Certification by said qualified person to the director that said plans conform to all requirements of section 6109.07 of the Revised Code and the administrative rules adopted thereunder.
(2) Three copies of the plans.
(3) Appropriate project summary sheets in a format acceptable to the director.
(4) An administrative service fee calculated in accordance with division (N)(2) of section 3745.11 of the Revised Code and paragraph (F) of this rule.
(5) One copy of a data sheet as specified in rule 3745-91-05 of the Administrative Code.
(E) Pursuant to an effective agreement under this rule and compliance with all requirements of this rule, plans submitted shall be approved without further review by the director. An order of approval shall be issued by the director as a final action.
(F) The director annually shall calculate the administrative fee that shall be paid for each plan submitted under this rule and notify the political subdivision or investor-owned public utility of the amount of the fee. The administrative service fee shall not exceed the minimum amount necessary to pay administrative costs directly attributable to processing plan approvals.
Replaces: 3745-91-12(Effective: 10/26/2015 Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/26/2020 Promulgated Under: 119.03 Statutory Authority: 6109.04 Rule Amplifies: 6109.04, 6109.07 Prior Effective Dates: 12/01/93, 01/01/99)