Ohio Admin. Code 4101:9-2-12 - Occupations involved in the operation of power-driven circular saws, band saws, and guillotine shears
(A) The following occupations are prohibited for minors under eighteen years of age
exempt by the following .
The occupations of setting up, adjusting, repairing, oiling, or cleaning
circular saws, band saws, and guillotine
shears , chain saws, reciprocating saws, wood chippers,
or abrasive cutting discs.
(1) The occupations of operator of or helper on the following power-driven fixed or portable machines
, except for machines equipped
with full automatic feed and ejection:
(a) Circular saws
(b) Band saws
(c) Guillotine shears
The occupations of operator of or helper on the
following power-driven fixed or portable machines:
Abrasive cutting discs
(1) The term "operator" shall mean a person who operates a machine covered by this rule by performing such functions as starting or stopping the machine, placing materials into or removing them from the machine, or any other functions directly involved in
the operation of the machine.
(2) The term "helper" shall mean a person who assists in the operation of a machine covered by this rule by helping place materials into or remove them from the machine.
(3) The term "machine
s equipped with full automatic feed and ejection"
shall mean machines covered by this rule which
equipped with devices for full automatic feeding and ejection and with a fixed
barrier guard to prevent completely the operator or helper from placing any
part of his body in the point-of-operation area.
(4) The term "circular saw" shall mean a machine equipped with a thin steel disc having a continuous series of notches or teeth on the periphery, mounted on shafting
and used for sawing materials.
(5) The term "band saw" shall mean a machine equipped with an endless steel band having a continuous series of notches or teeth, running over wheels or pulleys, and used for sawing materials.
(6) The term "guillotine shear" shall mean a machine equipped with a movable blade operated vertically and used to shear materials. The term shall not include other types of shearing machines
, using a
different form of shearing action, such as alligator shears or circular
The term "abrasive cutting disc" shall mean a machine
equipped with a disc embedded with abrasive materials used for cutting
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4109.05
Rule Amplifies: 4109.05
Prior Effective Dates: 04/17/1979
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.