Ohio Admin. Code 4501:5-3-04 - Dealer records
Current through all regulations passed and filed through March 11, 2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4737.012, 4737.04, 4737.045
Rule Amplifies: 4737.012, 4737.04, 4737.045
Prior Effective Dates: 07/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: R.C. 4737.012, 4737.04, 4737.045
Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4737.012, 4737.04, 4737.041
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 4501:5-3-04. Dealer records
(A) In accordance with sections 4737.04 and 4737.012 of the Revised Code, dealers shall maintain either a record book and/or an electronic file containing accurate and complete records of the dealer's daily business transactions. Records shall be maintained for inspection in accordance with section 4737.04 of the Revised Code.
(B) Records shall be maintained in English.
(C) Dealers shall maintain records in a single, accessible location at the dealer's place of business in either a hard copy or electronic copy format.
(D) Transaction records shall:
(1) Be numbered separately and in chronological order, never repeating the number of previously recorded transactions;
(2) Be consistent with the data that is electronically transmitted to the SMBC website;
(3) Reflect the date and time when the transaction occurred; and
(4) Be organized in chronological order and by date and month on which the business transaction occurred.
(E) Authentic copies of all photographs required for a transaction record in accordance with sections 4737.04, 4737.041, and 4737.012 of the Revised Code, shall be maintained without alteration, enhancement, or manipulation in either hard copy or digital file format.
(1) If the photograph is retained digitally, it shall be retained in a commonly known, standard image file format of sufficient file size to accurately and legibly reproduce the original photograph transmitted to the SMBC website.
(2) If the photograph is retained in hard copy format, the copy shall be no smaller than four inches by six inches and printed to produce an accurate and legible copy of the photograph transmitted to the SMBC website.
(3) All photographs, regardless of medium, shall be retained with their corresponding transactions or numbered, organized, and retained in such a manner as to be easily and accurately matched to the transactions to which they apply.(Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 5/10/2019 and 05/01/2024 Promulgated Under: 119.03 Statutory Authority: 4737.012, 4737.04, 4737.045 Rule Amplifies: 4737.012, 4737.04, 4737.045 Prior Effective Dates: 07/01/2014) (Effective: 07/01/2014 R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/10/2019 Promulgated Under: 119.03 Statutory Authority: R.C. 4737.012, 4737.04, 4737.045 Rule Amplifies: R.C. 4737.012, 4737.04, 4737.041)