Current through Vol. 39, No. 14, April 01, 2022
A licensee may communicate with any person other than debtor for the purpose of acquiring location information about debtor if:
(1) licensee identifies himself, states that he is confirming or correcting location information concerning debtor, and, only if expressly requested, identifies his business;
(2) licensee does not state that debtor owes any debt;
(3) licensee does not communicate with any person more than once unless requested to do so by such person or unless licensee reasonably believes that the earlier response of such person is erroneous or incomplete and that such person now has correct or complete location information;
(4) licensee does not communicate by post card;
(5) licensee does not use any language or symbol on any envelope or in the contents of any communication effected by the mails or telegram that indicates that the communication relates to the collection of a debt; and
(6) after licensee knows debtor is represented by an attorney with regard to the subject debt and has knowledge of, or can readily ascertain, such attorney's name and address, not communicate with any person other than that attorney, unless the attorney fails to respond within five (5) business days to communication from licensee.