Okla. Admin. Code § 340:25-5-169 - Establishment of medical enforcement only cases
(a) Legal authority. Oklahoma Human Services (OKDHS) Child Support Services (CSS) follows Sections 302.33, 302.56, 303.30, and 303.31 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations (45 C.F.R. §§ 302.33, 302.56, 303.30, and 303.31) ; Section 6058A of Title 36 of the Oklahoma Statutes (36 O.S. § 6058A); 43 O.S. §§ 112, 118F, 118.2, and 119; and 56 O.S. § 237.
(b) Medical enforcement only (MEO) status. When a person receiving non-TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) SoonerCare (Medicaid) notifies CSS that only Title IV-D services related to securing medical support are requested, CSS updates the case as an MEO case and does not provide full child support services, per Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 340:25-1-1.2.
(c) Services provided on MEO cases.
(1) CSS establishes paternity, when necessary, and a child support order. The child support order must include a provision for:
(A) current child support, per OAC 340:25-5-178;
(B) support for a prior period, per OAC 340:25-5-179.1, when appropriate; and
(C) medical support, per OAC 340:25-5-168.
(2) CSS conducts a review of the order, per OAC 340:25-5-198.1, and seeks a modified order including a provision for medical support when:
(A) the existing child support order does not include a medical support provision;
(B) insurance is not available for the child(ren); or
(C) a parent or custodial person claims the available health insurance is not accessible or reasonable in cost.
(d) Exception to MEO status. CSS opens a full-service case on all of the custodial person's (CP) child support cases when CSS receives a non-TANF SoonerCare (Medicaid) referral, per OAC 340:25-5-117, from the Oklahoma Health Care Authority and:
(1) assigned court-ordered child support is owed, per OAC 340:25-5-117;
(2) the child(ren) is in a deprived or delinquent juvenile court action; or
(3) assigned cash medical support is owed, per OAC 340:25-5-117.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.