Okla. Admin. Code § 252:100-25-3 - Opacity limit
Current through Register Vol. 39, No. 7, December 15, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
252:100-25-3. Opacity limit
(a) Units subject to an opacity limit promulgated under section 111 of the Federal Clean Air Act are exempt from this section.
(b) No person shall allow the discharge of any fumes, aerosol, mist, gas, smoke, vapor, particulate matter, or any combination thereof exhibiting greater than 20% opacity except for:
(1) Short term occurrences, which consist of not more than one six-minute period in any consecutive 60 minutes, not to exceed three such periods in any consecutive 24 hours. For units with COMs operated and maintained in accordance with Performance Specification 1 (40 CFR Part 60, Appendix B), short term occurrences which consist of not more than one six-minute period in any one-hour period, not to exceed three such periods in any consecutive 24 hours. In neither case shall the average of any six-minute period exceed 60% opacity.
(2) Smoke resulting from fires covered by the exceptions outlined in OAC 252:100-13-7.
(3) An emission, where the presence of uncombined water is the only reason for failure to meet the requirements of OAC 252:100-25-3(b).
(4) Smoke generated due to a malfunction in a facility, when the source of the fuel producing the smoke is not under the direct and immediate control of the facility and the immediate constriction of the fuel flow at the facility would produce a hazard to life and/or property.
(c) To determine compliance with this Section, opacity shall be read by either:
(1) A Certified Visible Emission Evaluator using Test Method 9 (40 CFR Part 60, Appendix A).
(2) A COM installed, calibrated, operated and maintained in accordance with Performance Specification 1 (40 CFR Part 60, Appendix B).
[Source: Added at 11 Ok Reg 977, eff 1-14-94 (emergency); Added at 11 Ok Reg 2031, eff 5-26-94; Amended at 16 Ok Reg 1375, eff 6-1-99; Amended at 26 Ok Reg 1177, eff 7-1-09]