710:65-13-177 - Construction projects for organizations providing end-of-life care and hospice service
710:65-13-177. Construction projects for organizations providing end-of-life care and hospice service
(a) Qualification for exemption. Sales of tangible personal property and services for use solely on construction projects for organizations exempt from taxation pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code, 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) whose purpose is to provide low income individuals who live in a facility owned by the organization end-of-life care and access to hospice services.
(b) Application process. Application is made by submitting to the Taxpayer Assistance Division, Oklahoma Tax Commission, 2501 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73194, a completed Form 13-16-A, contained in Packet E available telephonically at (405) 521-3160 or online at www.tax.ok.gov, along with the following information:
(1) Letter from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) recognizing the organization as exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to 26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(3); and,
(2) A written description stating the activities of the organization, as evidenced by copies of:
(A) Articles of incorporation;
(C) Brochure; or,
(D) Notarized letter from the President or Chairman of the organization.
(c) Sales to qualified organization limited to eligible, properly-documented transactions.Only sales of goods or services for use solely on construction projects actually purchased by the organization, invoiced to the organization, and paid for by funds or check directly from the organization, will qualify for the exemption described in this Section. A vendor wishing to be relieved of liability to collect the tax should follow the requirements of OAC710:65-7-6 and 710:65-7-15.
(d) Sales under contract. Sales to any person, including contractors and subcontractors, with whom a qualifying organization has duly entered into a construction contract necessary for carrying out such contract are exempt from sales tax.
(e) Documentation and certification required. In the case of sales to a person including contractors and subcontractors claiming exemption pursuant to this Section, the vendor must obtain:
(1) A copyof the exemption letter or card issued to the qualified organization;
(2) Documentation indicating the contractual relationship between the purchaser and the qualified organization; and
(3) Certification by the purchaser, on the face of each invoice or sales ticket, setting out the name of the exempt organization, that the purchases are being made for and on behalf of the organization, and that they are necessary for the completion of the contract.
Added at 26 Ok Reg 2354, eff 6-25-09; Amended at 27 Ok Reg 2308, eff 7-11-10
The following state regulations pages link to this page.