Or. Admin. R. 104-040-0020 - Responsibilities
(1) The Oregon Emergency Response System shall be managed by Emergency Management, a Division of the Executive Department. A council shall be established that includes representation from each of the participating state agencies.
(2) The Oregon Emergency Response System shall be the primary point of contact by which any public agency provides the state notification of an emergency or disaster, or requests access to state and federal resources.
(3) The responsibilities of the Council include but are not limited to the following:
(a) Establish planning guidelines and review procedures;
(b) Develop criteria for the provision of call lists and the notification of personnel through the Oregon Emergency Response System;
(c) Conduct reviews of major incidents that occur in the state;
(d) Develop and conduct emergency management training for signatory agencies; and
(e) Advise the Division on changes necessary to improve or update Oregon's emergency management and operations plans.
(4) The responsibilities of the Division for managing the Oregon Emergency Response System include but are not limited to the following: The Division's OERS Program Coordinator shall chair the OERS Council and will be responsible for the maintenance of OERS plans, guidelines, procedures, call-lists, and the dissemination of information to participant agencies. The chair shall coordinate review of major incidents and planning of exercises. The chair shall establish technical advisory committees to advise on special problems or issues as needed. The chair shall establish and manage an incident report system, consolidated monthly reports of which shall be made available to the OERS Council, SERC, LEPC and any other interested parties or individuals.
(5) The Oregon Emergency Response System shall be the point of contact for notification of the SERC and LEPC when there is a release by an Oregon facility of a listed hazardous substance that exceeds the reportable quantity for that substance. Such facilities will make this notification by contacting OERS and stating that they are making a spill notification to the LEPC and SERC.
(6) The Oregon Emergency Response System is funded under the provisions of ORS 465.104 which identifies disposition in ORS 465.127.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 401.270(1)
Stats. Implemented: ORS 401.275
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.