Or. Admin. R. 123-135-0020 - Definitions
For the purposes of these rules additional definitions may be found in Procedural Rules, OAR 123-001. As used in this division, the following terms shall have the following meaning unless otherwise indicated:
(1) "Bridge Loan" means a loan that will be repaid in full at the end of a short-term, twelve (12) to twenty four (24) months in length as determined at time of award or upon request within one year of award, following loan closing;
(2) "Brownfield" means real property where expansion or redevelopment is complicated by actual or perceived environmental contamination as defined in ORS 285A.185(1);
(3) "Capacity Building" involves conducting necessary studies that support the evaluation of a site or sites and incorporates cleanup activities for a site or sites with or without an identified redevelopment use but within zoning parameters to meet the buildable lands needs of a municipality;
(4) "Collateral" means property subject to a security interest or security agreement as defined in ORS 79.1050;
(5) "Contribution" means cash, a reduction in land sale price, a donation of real property or personal services of value; or some other like act that offsets the benefit of receiving sums from the Fund that are conveyed on a recipient or site owner who is a potentially responsible party for a release of a hazardous substance or is potentially liable for the cost of cleanup at the site according to ORS 465.255;
(6) "Environmental Action" means activities undertaken to:
(a) Determine if a release has occurred, if the release, or potential release, poses a significant threat to human health or the environment, or if additional remedial actions may be required at the site;
(b) Conduct a remedial investigation and a feasibility study;
(c) Plan for remedial action or removal action; or
(d) Conduct a remedial action or removal action at a site.
(7) "Environmental Insurance" means a specific form of casualty insurance based on industry custom standards. Policies such as, but not limited to, cleanup cost caps, secured creditor on impaired property, or pollution legal liability are examples of environmental insurance;
(8) "Environmental Justice" means community based issues, concerns, or problems resulting from the disparate effects caused by the placement and/or proximity of facilities that negatively impact minority or low-income populations;
(9) "Environmental Service Professional" means an entity that has the necessary experience, capacity, expertise, or is otherwise certified to conduct environmental actions;
(10) "Facility" means any building, structure, installation, equipment, pipe or pipeline including any pipe into a sewer or publicly owned treatment works, well, pit, pond, lagoon, impoundment, ditch, landfill, storage container, above ground tank, underground storage tank, motor vehicle, rolling stock, aircraft, or any site or area where a hazardous substance has been deposited, stored, disposed of, or placed, or otherwise come to be located and where a release has occurred or where there is a threat of a release, but does not include any consumer product in consumer use or any vessel. Facility has the meaning given in ORS 465.200;
(11) "Fund" means the Brownfields Redevelopment Fund;
(12) "Hazardous Substance" has the meaning given in ORS 465.200;
(13) "Institutional Controls" has the meaning given in ORS 465.315 and OAR 340-122-0115(32);
(14) "Municipality" means an Oregon city, county, the Port of Portland created by ORS 778.010, a county service district organized under ORS Chapter 451, a district as defined in 198.010, a tribal council of a federally recognized Indian tribe in Oregon, an airport district organized under ORS 838, or any other municipal corporation or quasi-municipal corporation.
(15) "Non-Profit" means an organization certified under sections 501(c)(2) through (4) and (6) through (8) and (10) of the Internal Revenue Code;
(16) "Person" means any individual, association of individuals, company, joint venture, partnership, or corporation;
(17) "Project" and "Project Description" means the resulting combination of the site, the proposed activities to be performed, the proposed or likely redevelopment use, and any other information stated in the Fund application;
(18) "Prospective Purchaser Program" refers to ORS 465.327 and associated administrative rules;
(19) "Release" (as in release of a hazardous substance) has the meaning given in ORS 465.200;
(20) "Scope of Work" means a detailed plan to perform in part or in whole an environmental action. Scopes of work shall be drafted by an environmental service professional;
(21) "Site" means the parcel or parcels of real property on which the funded activities will be performed;
(22) "Site Characterization" means determining and delineating the boundaries of the plume(s) of contamination and/or determining the status of the contamination such as whether it is migrating or crossing from one media to another, such as from soil to water, at the site. This review provides a level of detail comparable to a "preliminary assessment" (PA) as described in OAR 340-122-0072 and may be comparable to a "Phase II Environmental Site Assessment" under ASTM Standard E 1903;
(23) "Site Investigation" means a historic use investigation of the site involving, but not limited to, the analysis of aerial photos, public and private records, personal interviews, and other documents and data sources to determine the likelihood of a release of a hazardous substance at the site or facility. This review provides a level of detail comparable to a "Phase I" review under ASTM Standards E1527 and 1528 and is often a desktop review without any sampling;
(24) "Site Sampling" means systematically obtaining and analyzing representative samples from the site of relevant media such as soil and water to determine the presence of and/or the concentration of the contamination and/or identify the specific substances or compounds comprising the contamination. Sampling is a critical component of the "preliminary assessment" (PA) conducted under OAR 340-122-0072 or the ASTM "Phase II" under E-1903;
(25) "Term Loan" means a loan to be paid over a period of years, usually ten (10) to fifteen (15), with a rate of interest;
(26) "Voluntary Cleanup Program" relates to ORS 465.325 and associated administrative rules.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 285A.075
Stats. Implemented: ORS 285A.185 & 285A.188
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.