Or. Admin. R. 123-475-0030 - Criteria for Selecting Works of Art
(1) Style and Nature: Works of Art of any aesthetic persuasion that are compatible in scale, material, form and content with their surroundings may be considered.
(2) Diversity of the Collection: The Oregon Arts Commission seeks to encourage and maintain a diverse collection for the state, including site-specific works developed with collaboration between an artist and design team, existing works of art created by an artist and purchased for permanent installation, and, when appropriate, documented time-based works or installations.
(3) Quality: The inherent quality of the work itself will be the highest priority for selection.
(4) Media: All forms of Works of Art may be considered. Works of Art may be either portable or permanently affixed or integral to the building or structure, or part of a temporary exhibition.
(5) Permanence: Due consideration will be given to structural and surface soundness and to permanence in terms of relative protection against theft, vandalism, weathering, or excessive maintenance or repair costs.
(6) Method of Acquisition: Either existing works or those commissioned for specific Projects may be acquired.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 359.025, 359.142
Stats. Implemented: ORS 276.073 - 276.090
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.