Or. Admin. R. 141-082-0265 - Types of Uses and Required Authorizations

(1) All uses of, and structures occupying state-owned submerged and submersible land not otherwise exempt from authorization under these rules, require prior written authorization from the Department pursuant to these rules.
(2) Uses and structures requiring leases include, but are not limited to:
(a) Aquaculture facilities;
(b) Marine industrial/marine service uses;
(c) Floating homes, floating home moorages, and other dwellings;
(d) Fish or other processing facilities, sea water desalination and mineral extraction facilities;
(e) Log raft, log storage or log booming areas;
(f) Historical vessel moorages;
(g) Commercial and non-commercial marinas;
(h) Multi-family docks not qualifying for registration;
(i) Non-marine uses (for example, restaurants, warehouses, offices, motels, etc.);
(j) Individual non-commercial docks/floats, boathouses, and floating recreational cabins not qualifying for registration or public facility license;
(k) Commercial, industrial or residential uses;
(l) Water taxi, cruise ship and tour boat moorages;
(m) Ownership-oriented facilities; and
(n) Other similar uses and structures not exempted by statute or these administrative rules, and determined by the Director to be subject to lease.
(3) Uses and structures requiring a registration are:
(a) Non-commercial structures including docks/floats, multi-family docks, boat lifts, and/or boat houses of 2,500 square feet or less; measurement excludes calculation of associated gangways, pilings, dolphins, mooring buoys, protective and shear booms and boat ramps;
(b) Floating recreational cabins of 1,500 square feet or less; measurement excludes calculation of associated, pilings, dolphins, recreational use mooring buoys, and protective booms;
(c) Water sport structures unless authorized by the Oregon State Marine Board in compliance with OAR 250-010-0097 (Application for Special Use Device Permits);
(d) Rip-rap, pilings, dolphins, and private boat ramps;
(e) Structures constructed by a drainage or diking district;
(f) Tide gates;
(g) Rights of way established prior to November 1, 1981 for any county road or city street;
(h) Voluntary habitat restoration work; and
(i) Other similar structures or uses determined by the Director to be eligible for registration.
(4) Uses and structures that are eligible for a public facility license are publicly-owned, operated and maintained:
(a) Boat ramps/landings;
(b) Viewing structures;
(c) Fishing piers;
(d) Recreational boating, transient docks/floats;
(e) Structures, piers, docks/floats owned, operated by, or under contract to a government agency as long as they are in active service and used exclusively by the government agency to perform the function of that agency; and
(f) Navigation aids placed by public agencies including approach and landing lights, and radio navigation and landing aids for aviation.
(5) Limited Duration uses are exempt from authorization under these rules.


Or. Admin. R. 141-082-0265
DSL 5-2012, f. 10-16-12, cert. ef. 1-1-13; DSL 5-2016, f. 11-3-16, cert. ef. 1/1/2017

Stat. Auth.: ORS 183, 273, 274

Stats. Implemented: ORS 274

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.

No prior version found.