Or. Admin. R. 150-324-0025 - Purchaser's Filing Responsibility
(1) "Purchaser" means the first purchaser of the gas regardless of the physical point at which ownership changes.
(2) A purchaser of gas shall remit the tax due for the calendar quarter of purchase to the department on or before May 15, August 14, November 14, and February 14 following the end of the first through fourth quarters of the calendar year respectively.
(3) A producer or other agent may pay the production tax on behalf of any or all purchasers of the taxable natural gas.
(a) Such producer payments must identify the purchaser and the purchaser's account number on whose behalf payment is being remitted.
(b) Responsibility for timely payment remains with the purchaser as provided in ORS 324.110.
(c) The purchaser shall be responsible for payment of interest in the event of late production tax payment.
(4) A purchaser shall file the quarterly production tax return, using forms prescribed by the department, showing calculations of tax liability regardless of whether they pay or another party is paying on their behalf.
(5) A purchaser's data report shall be made for each well that produced any gas purchased by the reporting purchaser during the quarter covered by the report.
(6) It is the producer's responsibility to provide to the purchaser, on a timely basis, the required data so that the purchaser's data report may be filed with the production tax return.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 305.100 & 324.320
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 324.050, 324.110 & 324.120
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.