Or. Admin. R. 165-001-0000 - Notice of Proposed Rule
Before adopting, amending or repealing any permanent rule, the Secretary of State, Elections Division will give notice of the intended action:
(1) In the Secretary of State's Bulletin referred to in ORS 183.360 at least 21 days prior to the effective date of the rule;
(2) By mailing, or transmitting electronically a copy of the Statement of Need and Fiscal Impact and the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, or the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Hearing, at least 28 days prior to the effective date of the rule, to each person who has requested to be included on the Elections Division's subscription service established pursuant to ORS 183.335(8);
(3) By mailing, or transmitting electronicallya copy of the text of the proposed rule to any person upon request;
(4) By mailing, or transmitting electronically a copy of the Statement of Need and Fiscal Impact, the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, or the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Hearing, and the text of the proposed rule to the following persons or organizations at least 28 days prior to the effective date:
(a) County Clerks;
(b) The chair or designee of each statewide political party;
(c) Members of the Oregon Legislature;
(d) The Governor's legal counsel;
(e) Attorney General's office;
(f) League of Oregon Cities;
(g) Association of Oregon Counties;
(h) Oregon Special Districts Association;
(i) Oregon School Boards Association; and
(j) Capitol Press Room.
(5) By mailing, or transmitting electronicallya copy of the notice to the legislators specified in ORS 183.335(15) at least 49 days before the effective date of the rule;
(6) Within 10 days after the adoption, amendment or repeal of any temporary or permanent administrative rule, the Secretary of State, Elections Division will provide, by mail, or electronicallya copy of the certificate and order and the text of the adopted rule to each person or organization listed in sections (2) through (5) of this rule, and to Legislative Counsel as provided by ORS 183.715.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 183
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 183.335 & 183.341
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.