Or. Admin. R. 309-033-0740 - Variances
(1) Variances may be granted to a facility if there is a lack of resources to implement the standards required in this rule or if implementation of the proposed alternative services, methods, concepts or procedures would result in services or systems that meet or exceed the standards in these rules.
(2) Variance application. The facility requesting a variance shall submit, in writing, an application to the Division which contains the following:
(a) The section of the rule from which the variance is sought;
(b) The reason for the proposed variance;
(c) The alternative practice, service, method, concept or procedure proposed;
(d) A plan and timetable for compliance with the section of the rule from which the variance is sought; and
(e) Signed documentation from the Council indicating its position on the proposed variance.
(3) The HSD Director, or his or her designee, will approve or deny the request for a variance.
(4) Appeal application. Appeal of the denial of a variance request shall be made in writing to the HSD Director, whose decision shall be final.
(5) Written approval. The facility may implement a variance only after written approval from the Division. The Intergovernmental Agreement shall be amended to the extent that the variance changes a term in that agreement.
(6) Duration of variance. A variance shall be reviewed by the Division at least every 2 years.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 426.236, 426.385
Stats. Implemented: ORS 426.005 - 426.395
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.