Or. Admin. R. 309-040-0360 - Qualifications for AFH Providers, Resident Managers, and Other Caregivers
(1) An AFH provider must meet the following qualifications:
(a) Be at least 21 years of age;
(b) Live in the AFH to be licensed, unless an approved resident manager lives in the AFH;
(c) Provide evidence satisfactory to the Division regarding experience, training, knowledge, interest, and concern in providing care to persons with severe and persistent mental illness. Evidence may include, but is not limited to the following:
(A) Certified nurse's aide training;
(B) Nursing home, hospital, or institutional work experience;
(C) Licensed practical nurse or registered nurse training and experience;
(D) Division approved training;
(E) Experience in caring for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness at home; and
(F) Home management skills.
(d) Possess the physical health and mental health determined necessary by the Division to provide 24-hour care for adults who are mentally ill. Applicants shall have a statement from a physician on a Division approved form that they are physically and mentally capable of providing care;
(e) Undergo a criminal history check in accordance with OAR chapter 943 division 007 and be found eligible for licensure by the Division. The Division shall evaluate and verify information regarding criminal history;
(f) Provide evidence of sufficient financial resources to operate an AFH for at least two months, unless the application is for renewal of an AFH that is already in operation. A credit reference check may be required;
(g) Be literate and capable of understanding written and oral orders and communicating with individuals, physicians, case managers, and appropriate others and be able to respond appropriately to emergency situations at all times;
(h) If transporting individuals by motorized conveyance, shall have a current driver's license in compliance with the Department of Motor Vehicles laws and vehicle insurance as required by the State of Oregon.
(2) The resident manager shall meet the provider qualifications listed in section (1)(a) through (h) of this rule. A resident manager applicant may work in the home pending outcome of the national criminal history check, if the Oregon criminal history check was clear and no convictions were self-disclosed on the criminal record authorization.
(3) Substitute caregivers left in charge of an individual for any period of time shall have access to individual records and meet the following qualifications:
(a) Be at least 18 years of age;
(b) Be subject to a criminal history check. A substitute caregiver may work in the home pending outcome of the national criminal history check providing the Oregon criminal history check was clear and no convictions were self-disclosed on the criminal record authorization;
(c) Be able to communicate orally and in writing with individuals, physicians, case managers, and appropriate others;
(d) Know fire safety and emergency procedures;
(e) Have a clear understanding of job responsibilities, have knowledge of RCPs, and be able to provide the care specified for each individual;
(f) Be able to meet the requirements of a resident manager when left in charge of an AFH for 30 days or longer;
(g) Not be an individual; and
(h) If transporting individuals by motorized conveyance, shall have a current driver's license in compliance with Department of Motor Vehicles laws and vehicle insurance as required by the State of Oregon.
(4) The provider may not hire or continue to employ a resident manager or substitute caregiver who does not meet the requirements of this rule.
(5) A provider shall supervise and train resident managers and substitute caregivers and monitor their general conduct when acting within the scope of their employment or duties.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 413.042
Stats. Implemented: ORS 443.705 - 443.825
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.