Or. Admin. R. 331-405-0020 - Definitions
The following definitions apply to OAR chapter 331, divisions 405 through 430:
(1) "Affidavit of Licensure" has the meaning set forth in OAR 331-030-0040.
(2) "Board" means the State Board of Denture Technology.
(3) "Direct supervision" means the supervisor is immediately accessible and onsite at the business when denture technology services are performed.
(4) "High level disinfectant" means a chemical agent, which has demonstrated tuberculocidal activity and is registered with the Environmental Protection Agency.
(5) "Indirect supervision" means the supervisor is available by phone or by other means of electronic communication. The supervisor must be able to reasonably oversee the work of the individual being supervised, and be available for questions and assistance when needed.
(6) "Informed Consent" means the written consent obtained following a thorough and easily understood explanation to the patient, or patient's guardian, of the proposed procedures, any available alternative procedures and any risks associated with the procedures. Following the explanation, the licensee must ask the patient, or the patient's guardian, if there are any questions. The licensee must provide thorough and easily understood answers to questions asked.
(7) "Office" means Health Licensing Office.
(8) "Official transcript" means an original document authorized by the appropriate office in the Higher Education Coordinating Commission and certified by a college, university or private career school indicating applicant identity information, hours and types of course work, examinations and scores that the student has completed. Original documents must be submitted directly to the Office from the college, university or private career school by United States Postal Service mail, or other recognized mail service providers, in a sealed envelope.
(9) "1,000 hours of supervised clinical practice in denture technology" means engaging in clinical and laboratory training in denture technology within an Office approved education or work experience program. The program must include:
(a) Clinical: a minimum of 400 hours in patient care under direct supervision; and
(b) Laboratory: construction of a minimum of 40 removable dentures, on 40 different patients under indirect supervision. Each removable denture will be counted as one denture; an upper and a lower removable denture counts as two removable dentures.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 680.565
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 680.565
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.