Or. Admin. R. 331-660-0005 - Continuing Education: Requirements
(1) To maintain licensure, a hearing aid specialist must complete at least 12 hours of continuing education (CE) every year. Credit hours obtained in excess of those required for the one-year reporting period may not be carried forward.
(2) A licensee must document compliance with the CE requirement through attestation on the license renewal application. A licensee is subject to provisions of OAR 331-660-0011 pertaining to periodic audit of continuing education.
(3) CE must be obtained through a course provided by an accredited college or university, a course or program approved by the IHS, or an Office pre-approved course or program.
(4) CE must address subject matter related to dealing in hearing aids as the phrase is defined in ORS 694.015(2) and (3).
(5) CE credit will be awarded as follows:
(a) Academic courses from an accredited college or university are awarded 15 hours for each semester-based credit earned, 14 hours for each trimester-based credit earned, or 10 hours for each quarter-based credit earned;
(b) Office-approved professional courses will be assigned 15 hours for each semester-based credit earned, 14 hours for each trimester-based credit earned or 10 hours for each quarter-based credit earned. The Office will evaluate each course for its academic requirements in content, instruction and evaluation in relation to dealing in hearing aids; and
(c) Courses that do not meet standards as set forth in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this subsection, are assigned credit at the rate of one hour for each hour of attendance.
(6) Licensees must complete a two-hour course in Safety and infection Control once every two years.
(7) A licensee must maintain documentation supporting the licensee's compliance with CE requirements for two years following renewal, and must make documentation available to the Office upon request. Documentation must meet the requirements stated in OAR 331-660-0011.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 694.015-694.170 & ORS 694.991
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 694.015-694.170 & ORS 694.991
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.