Or. Admin. R. 331-905-0100 - Standards for Client Services for Specialty Body Piercing
(1) A licensee must use a minimum of one pair of disposable gloves for each of the following:
(a) Set-up of instruments and skin preparation;
(b) During the body piercing procedure;
(c) During the post-procedure teardown;
(d) During cleaning and disinfection of the procedure area; and
(e) During the sterilization process.
(2) For the purpose of subsection (2) and (3) of this rule the process for hand washing includes thoroughly washing the hands in warm, running water with liquid soap using friction on all surfaces of the hands and wrists, then rinsing hands and drying hands with a clean, disposable paper towel.
(3) A licensee must wash hands before and after a service is provided. Use of antibacterial hand sanitizer before and after a service is prohibited.
(4) A licensee must perform hand washing standards including by not limited to when:
(a) Leaving the work area;
(b) Coming in contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials; and
(c) Hands are visibly soiled.
(5) Notwithstanding the requirements of subsection (2) and (3) of this rules when using an antibacterial hand sanitizer friction must be applied on all surfaces of the hands and wrists.
(6) Use of bar soap is prohibited.
Statutory/Other Authority: 676.615, 690.390 & 690.405
Statutes/Other Implemented: 690.390 & 690.405
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.