Or. Admin. R. 340-113-0070 - Pesticide Collection Programs
(1) In addition to this section, pesticide collection programs accumulating more than 1,000 kilograms of pesticide waste at any time must also comply with the applicable requirements of OAR 340-113-0040 (standards for off-site collection sites).
(2) Pesticide collection programs may be operated by federal, state or local municipal entities as well as persons in private industry.
(3) Prior to initial collection of any unused pesticides or pesticide residues, the collection program sponsors must submit, in writing, to the Department, a summary of how the collection program will be operated. Information, at a minimum, shall include:
(a) Name of the person(s) who will be responsible for the operation of the pesticide collection program;
(b) Location(s) of collection site(s);
(c) A description of how the pesticide collection program will operate to comply with the applicable universal waste rule requirements;
(d) Type(s) of pesticides to be collected;
(e) Schedule of collection activity (i.e., annually, quarterly, as needed, etc.);
(f) Names and locations of all off-site handlers or destination facilities which will receive the waste pesticides collected by the program;
(g) Measures to be taken to insure safety of the public and employees or volunteers working for the pesticide collection program;
(h) Measures to be taken to prevent spills or releases of materials collected and a plan to respond to a spill or release if one occurs;
(i) A description of how difficult-to-manage waste pesticides will be managed (i.e., dioxin-containing pesticides (federal waste codes F020-F023 and F026-F028), mercury-containing pesticides or unknown waste pesticides);
(j) Any additional information that is needed to assure that adequate provisions have been taken to protect the public health, safety and the environment; and,
(k) A signed certification statement from the person responsible for the operation of the collection program that it will be operated in compliance with the universal waste rule and in the manner described in the operating information provided in the submitted notification.
(4) Before accepting waste from off-site, pesticide collection programs shall receive acknowledgment from the Department indicating that a complete application has been received.
(5) Pesticide collection programs, in addition to submitting the information required in section 3, shall comply with all applicable universal waste handler requirements.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183.325 - ORS 183.335, ORS 466.020, ORS 466.030 & ORS 468.020
Stats. Implemented: ORS 466.015, ORS 466.030, ORS 466.075, ORS 466.180 & ORS 466.195
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.