Or. Admin. R. 416-450-0060 - Orientation and Responsibilities
(1) OYA may place restrictions on volunteer service to ensure safety and security of persons and facilities.
(2) The OYA Volunteer Coordinator will ensure that an orientation is provided to each volunteer. The orientation must include, at a minimum, the following:
(a) Safety and security procedures;
(b) Fire safety and emergency evacuation plan;
(c) Responsibilities during an emergency;
(d) Name of OYA staff responsible to work with the volunteer and monitor duties, and the line of authority in the close-custody facility or office;
(e) List of primary rules, policies and protocols associated with the services provided, including, at a minimum, the agency mission, confidentiality, offender rights, and appropriate relationship boundaries;
(f) OYA expectations of the volunteer if the volunteer becomes aware of actual, suspected, or alleged abuse of or by an offender;
(g) Time and place to report for duty and who to contact when unable to report for duty; and
(h) Tour of relevant areas of the close-custody facility, office or community where the volunteer will serve.
(3) All volunteers are responsible for following OYA rules, policies and protocols.
(4) Volunteers may not perform professional services requiring certification or licensing unless active credentials or certificates are available and on file in the volunteer's record.
(5) Volunteers must maintain a professional relationship with offenders.
(6) A volunteer may be terminated at any time for violation of OYA rules, policies, or protocols, or when there is no longer a need for the volunteer's services.
(7) Volunteers whose applications are denied or who are terminated as a result of performance of duty may not serve at another close-custody facility.
(8) Exceptions to any of the standards listed in this rule must be approved using a process defined in OYA policy.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 420A.025
Stats. Implemented: 420A.010
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.