Or. Admin. R. 423-110-0010 - Definitions
For purposes of OAR 423-010-0001 to 423-010-0050
(1) "At risk" refers to youth, individually or in aggregate, that has one or more predictive factors, and for which existent evidence indicates a likelihood of experiencing negative life outcomes.
(2) "Community investment" means an investment made in accordance with a funding model that:
(a) Supports community-based interventions focused on serving youth who are the most in need; and
(b) Is designed to achieve goals associated with education and career advancement, crime prevention, and removing barriers to school and work success.
(3) "Eligible applicant" means a person identified as being eligible to receive a grant under OAR 423-010-0020
(4) "Existent evidence" means the available body of peer reviewed research indicating whether a proposition is likely to be valid and reliable.
(5) "Grant agreement" means an agreement between a grantee and the State of Oregon, acting by and through the Oregon Department of Education, the Youth Development Council, and the Youth Development Division, that:
(a) Details the responsibilities of the parties to the agreement with respect to the council's mandate, mission, and commitment to equity; and
(b) Upon execution, makes the grantee eligible for reimbursement of funds as specified in the agreement.
(6) "Grantee" means a party or potential party to a grant agreement that is eligible for reimbursement of funds as specified in the agreement.
(7) "Mutual benefit corporation" means a nonprofit corporation that is charted by government and that has a mandate to serve the mutual benefit of its members.
(8) "Nonprofit organization" means an organization:
(a) Established as a nonprofit organization under the laws of this state; and
(b) That qualifies as an exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, as described in ORS 314.011.
(9) "Predictive factor" means an explanatory variable, element, condition, or feature that correlates with an increased likelihood of experiencing an outcome.
(10) "Public benefit company" means a corporation or limited liability company that considers its impact on society and the environment as part of its business decision-making process, in addition to earning a profit.
(11) "Reimbursement claim" means a claim submitted by a grantee to the division for payment of expenditures made pursuant to a grant awarded under OAR 423-010-0025.
(12) "Tribal council" means the governing body of a tribe.
(13) "Tribe" means a federally recognized Indian tribe in Oregon.
(14) "Youth" means an individual who is school-aged to 24 years of age.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 417.847
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 417.847
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.