Or. Admin. R. 436-120-0175 - Redetermining Eligibility for Vocational Assistance
If a worker was previously determined ineligible for vocational assistance or the worker's eligibility for vocational assistance ended, the insurer must redetermine eligibility within 30 days of notification of a change of any of these circumstances:
(1) The worker, for reasonable cause, was unavailable for vocational assistance and is now available;
(2) The worker's lack of suitable employment could not be resolved by providing vocational assistance. The insurer may require the worker to provide evidence that circumstances have changed;
(3) The worker declined vocational assistance to accept modified or new employment that resulted from an employer at injury activated use of preferred worker benefits under OAR 436-110. If the job was not suitable, the worker must request redetermination within 30 days of termination of the employment for which preferred worker benefits were provided;
(4) The worker was not available for vocational assistance in Oregon or within commuting distance of Oregon. The worker must request redetermination within six months of receiving the insurer's notice that the worker was not eligible for this reason;
(5) The worker, who was not authorized to work in the United States, is now authorized to work in the United States. Within six months of the date of the worker's receipt of the insurer's notice of ineligibility or end of eligibility, the worker must:
(a) Request redetermination; and
(b) Submit evidence to the insurer that the worker has applied for authorization to work in the United States and is awaiting a decision by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The worker must provide the insurer with a copy of any decision by the USCIS within 30 days of receipt. The insurer must redetermine eligibility upon receipt of documentation of the worker's authorization to work in the United States;
(6) Before claim closure, the worker's limitations due to the injury became more restrictive;
(7) Before claim closure, the insurer accepts a new condition that was not considered in the original determination of the worker's eligibility; or
(8) The worker's average weekly wage is redetermined and increased.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 656.340 & ORS 656.726(4)
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 656.340
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.