Or. Admin. R. 436-120-0915 - Sanctions of Providers and Counselors
(1) Providers and counselors must fully participate in any department audit, periodic program review, investigation, or review, and provide records and other information as requested.
(2) If the director finds any provider or counselor failed to comply with OAR 436-120, the director may impose one or more of the following sanctions:
(a) Reprimand by the director;
(b) Probation, in which the department systematically monitors the provider's or counselor's compliance with OAR 436-120 for a specified length of time. Probation may include the requirement a counselor receive supervision or successfully complete specified training, personal counseling, or drug or alcohol treatment;
(c) Suspension, which is the termination of registration or certification to determine eligibility and provide vocational assistance to Oregon injured workers for a specified period of time. The provider or counselor may reapply for registration or certification at the end of the suspension period. If granted, the provider or counselor will be placed on probation as described in subsection (2)(b) of this rule; or
(d) Revocation, which is a permanent termination of registration or certification to determine eligibility and provide vocational assistance to Oregon injured workers.
(3) The director will investigate violations of OAR 436-120 and may impose a sanction under these rules. Before issuing a suspension or revocation, the director will send a notice of the proposed action and provide the opportunity for a show-cause hearing as follows:
(a) The director will send by certified mail a written notice of intended suspension or revocation and the grounds for such action. The notice must advise of the right to participate in a show-cause hearing.
(b) The provider or counselor has 10 days from the date of receipt of the notification of proposed action in which to request a show-cause hearing.
(c) If the provider or counselor does not request a show-cause hearing, the proposed suspension or revocation will become final.
(d) If the provider or counselor requests a show-cause hearing, the director will send a notification of the date, time, and place of the hearing.
(e) After the show-cause hearing, the director will issue a final order that may be appealed as described in OAR 436-120-0008(3).
(4) For the purposes of section (3) of this rule, "show-cause hearing" means an informal meeting with the director in which the provider or counselor will be provided an opportunity to be heard and present evidence regarding any proposed actions by the director to suspend or revoke a provider or counselor's authority to provide vocational assistance services to injured workers.
(5) The director may bar a provider or counselor who has received a suspension or revocation under this rule from sponsoring or teaching continuing education programs.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 656.340(9) & 656.726(4)
Stats. Implemented: ORS 656.340
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.