Or. Admin. R. 461-155-0500 - Special Needs; Overview
(1) Ongoing special needs are needs that last several months at a consistent cost. Examples are special diets and accommodation allowances. OAR 461-155-0010 is used to determine how special needs are considered for each program.
(2) To be eligible for a special need item, an individual may not have any other available resources in the community or natural support system to meet the need, excluding resources used in determining eligibility.
(3) To be eligible for a special need item, an individual may not be eligible for the item through Medicare, Medicaid, or any other medical coverage.
(4) An individual may be eligible for an ongoing special need item if providing the ongoing special need item is authorized in lieu of additional provider service hours pursuant to OAR 411-030-0002 to 411-030-0090 and is more cost-effective.
(5) The Department may authorize payment for one-time and ongoing special needs for the following, in accordance with OAR 461-155-0510 to 461-155-0710:
(a) One-time needs for the following:
(A) Community-based care facility (see OAR 461-155-0630) room and board.
(B) Community transition services (see OAR 461-155-0526).
(C) Diversion and transition services (see OAR 461-155-0710).
(D) Home repairs (see OAR 461-155-0600).
(E) Moving costs (see OAR 461-155-0610).
(F) Property taxes (see OAR 461-155-0620).
(b) Ongoing needs for the following:
(A) Accommodation allowances (see OAR 461-155-0660).
(B) Food for guide dogs and special assistance animals (see OAR 461-155-0530).
(C) In-home supplement (see OAR 461-155-0575).
(D) Laundry allowances (see OAR 461-155-0580).
(E) Personal incidentals and room and board allowance (see OAR 461-155-0700).
(F) Special diet allowances (see OAR 461-155-0670).
(G) Supplemental Communication Allowance (see OAR 461-155-0680).
(H) Prescription drug co-pay coverage (see OAR 461-155-0688).
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.706, 413.085 & 414.685
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 409.010, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404 & 411.706
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.