Or. Admin. R. 581-020-0030 - Application: School Improvement and Professional Development Grant
To be eligible for funding, a district's application shall include the following:
(1) A description of a process to formulate and adopt district and individual school building educational goals so that such goals reflect input from a wide range of citizens in the community.
(2) A description of how the district will formulate and use indexes of teaching and learning conditions to measure progress according to those goals. The indexes of teaching and learning conditions may include, but are not limited to, such indicators as:
(a) Class size and teaching loads;
(b) A profile of the teaching and administrative personnel, including such characteristics as years of experience, rate of turnover and absenteeism;
(c) The frequency and nature of teacher misassignments;
(d) The socioeconomic status of the community;
(e) The ability and willingness of a school district to provide financial support for the schools;
(f) Measures of student progress as measured on school district or state assessments, or both;
(g) Attendance and drop out rates;
(h) Student conduct and disciplinary actions;
(i) Measure of student success in vocational, college, and other postsecondary programs; and
(j) Student expectations and attitudes toward learning.
(3) A description of how the proposed program will address the identified needs for professional growth and career opportunities of teachers in the district.
(4) Certification by the school district that none of the moneys received through ORS 336.705-336.780 shall be used to replace expenditures for existing programs for professional growth and career opportunities.
(5) A description of how the district will evaluate the effectiveness of its School Improvement and Professional Development grant, using educational goals and an index of teaching and learning conditions.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 336 & 896
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 329.709
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.