Or. Admin. R. 581-020-0600 - Definitions
The following definitions apply to OAR 581-020-0600 to 581-020-0624:
(1) Current ELL student" means a student who is enrolled in an English language learner program in Oregon during the school year.
(2) "Education Service District" or "ESD" means education service district as defined in ORS 334.003.
(3) "ELL Target District" means a district selected for technical assistance under OAR 581-020-0609.
(4) "ELL Transformation District" means a district selected for technical assistance and progressive interventions under OAR 581-020-0609.
(5) "English language learner" or "ELL" means a student who has limited English language proficiency because English is not the native language of the student or the student comes from an environment where a language other than English has had a significant impact on the student's level of English language proficiency.
(6) "Former ELL student" means a student who was previously enrolled in an English language learner program in Oregon.
(7) "Percentage of students in poverty" means the percentage of students in poverty using the number of students in poverty as calculated under OAR 581-023-0102 for purposes of calculation of the State School Fund distribution.
(8) "School district" means a common or union high school district.
(9) "Statewide English Learner Plan" means the plan developed and implemented by the Department pursuant to ORS 336.079.
(10) "Statewide English Language Learner Program Account" means the account established by ORS 327.344.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 336.079
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 336.079
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.