Or. Admin. R. 581-020-0646 - Targeted Assistance
(1) If selected by the Oregon Department of Education under OAR 581-020-0642, a school district may agree to receive targeted assistance under this rule.
(2) A school district that receives targeted assistance under this rule must file with the department a report assessing the school district's needs related to chronic absenteeism. The report must:
(a) Identify the root causes of chronic absenteeism in the school district;
(b) Identify student populations disproportionately affected by chronic absenteeism in the school district; and
(c) Identify resources that may reduce chronic absenteeism in the school district.
(3) In consideration of the report, the department shall develop a plan to reduce chronic absenteeism in the school district in conjunction with the school district and stakeholders. The plan must propose solutions to chronic absenteeism that:
(a) Target the circumstances or beliefs identified as causing chronic absenteeism, including any barrier to attending school, aversion to attending school, misconception concerning school, or disengagement from school;
(b) Account for student populations disproportionately affected by chronic absenteeism;
(c) Are equitable and inclusive in its application to those student populations;
(d) Are culturally responsive; and
(e) Are trauma sensitive.
(4) In implementing a plan developed under this rule, a school district must collaborate with a coach approved by the department pursuant to OAR 581-020- 0648.
(5) Upon request, school districts shall submit to the department data on the effectiveness of plans developed under this rule.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 326.051
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 326.051
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.